Tuesday 30 October 2012


Adventure Workout: FAIL
Earlier this week, I read a post by shortmom that inspired me. She had a blast jumping on her son’s trampoline, and to me, it sounded like it was a great  (fun) workout.
So last night I put on my HRM and headed outside to jump on Avah’s tramp. 
Climbing on the farking thing was a workout in itself but I managed to get on without any injuries. So far, so good.
Once up there I kind of freaked out about how high up I was. Being so short, I am much used to seeing things at ground level, like an ant’s view of the world. And then I was terrified that the material was going to rip and I would fall through to the ground. And what if I started jumping around and bounced right off the fucking thing?
I convinced myself that this was the worst idea I had ever had and freaked out and just laid in the middle of it like a starfish.
To add to the terror, Avah climbed on and started bouncing and jumping all around me. She started yelling and laughing at me telling me to get up and then she said: “Oh you are heavy.” and I was like “WHAT????” and she goes “I didn’t say that. I said look at the moon!”.
I could not stop laughing and I had no idea how I was going to get off the thing, so I just maintained the starfish position until David came to rescue me.
I am debating whether to try again today. If I get some courage, I’ll have a crack at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment