Friday 19 October 2012


So I ran for 20 minutes. Without stopping. I DID IT. Wooohoo!
Was so, so happy when I finished.
image
I took on board all of the advice and support that you guys left for me and just went for it. No fear. No doubts. Just thought I would try my best.
I did not look at the time for as long as I could stand it. I thought I had been going for about 8 minutes and when I looked I was already over 12 minutes. I started fist pumping and yelling out “Yahoooo…..”, because I knew that I had it then. (The time after that went really fucking slow though lol)
The most exciting thing is that I am not worried about doing the 30 minutes now. I know can do it.
So when can you officially call yourself a runner?
I have always wanted to casually say “I am off for a run”. Up until now I have been saying “I am going for a run/walk.”
But today, I ran. Without stopping. For 20 minutes.
image
And I can say with certainty that if I did not have you guys supporting and inspiring me, I would still be sitting on the couch short of breath, tired and wondering how long my body was going to be able to keep going under such pressure before it just gave up on me.
So, seriously, thank you all so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment