Wednesday 18 April 2012

Back on the Horse

Right. Firstly let me make something clear, there is no horse. If there was I doubt I could ever get my fat arse up on it and even if I did, the horse would promptly collapse.

The horse I am referring to is actually a track. A weight loss track. A health and fitness track. And I am back on it.

So Easter holidays down the beach plus my sister coming over from Adelaide plus my birthday festivities equals going right off fecking track for a week and a half. I drank, ate takeaway, ate chocolate and sat on my arse for 10 days.

I was very, very scared that I was not going to get back on track. But even though I was scared, I kept eating shit. And the crazy thing is, I don't even really like chocolate but I ate it like a woman possessed.

However, I am happy to report that from Monday I have been back on track and my weight is going down. I spent sunday night reading through my progress from February on this blog and my charts I have created and got excited about getting back into it.

That is one of the reasons I started this blog so that I can use it as a motivational tool. (Because we all know motivation comes and goes, right Commuters?) ( I know we are not commuters, it is a line from The Young Ones) (I say it often)

So while is all well again, I clearly need to set up some strategies for occasions like this. Here is where I think I went wrong;

  • I did not plan my meals, so we ended up grabbing takeaway often.
  • I did not keep my blog up to date - therefore was not accountable for my actions.
  • Eating something bad every now and then is fine, but the old me crept back and I kept saying to myself "Oh well I have blown it now I may as well start fresh Monday.." and then proceeded to eat everything in sight.
My eating is now under control and from tomorrow I will be back on the treadmill.

So it is onwards and upwards from here! Right Commuters?

No comments:

Post a Comment