Thursday 3 May 2012

Hideous, just hideous


Completing our passport applications ready for our cruise next month (OMG I cannot believe how quickly it is approaching) and we went to get our photos taken.

The woman who took our pictures got down at some ridiculous level so she could get the best angle of my enormous chin.

Good God, look at it!!

I mean I know it is there and it is big but doesn't she know that chubby/fat/chunky people like me take the photo from a higher angle to hide the fatness of the chin????

Has she not been on Facebook??? Does she not know that  cameras are now digital so we can move around and try the best angles, poses and duck faces to get the most desirable look?

I have to have this as my passport photo for ten years! TEN YEARS!!!!!!!

And she nearly made Avah burst into tears. Avah gets in front of the camera and smiles and instead of explaining to her in nice way that she needed to have a neutral look, she abruptly yelled "NO, NO, THEY DONT WANT ANY SMILING....DON'T SMILE.!"

David and Avah both look nice in their pics though.

Only 36 days to go until we are cruising. Which means I really have to pull my finger out and get losing weight and getting as fit as I can as quickly as possible.




2 comments:

  1. Hello Lynda, I too recently had a passport photo taken, depressing isn't it? I started the year at 292 pounds and am now 228. (132.7 K now 103.63 K).I have had a gastric bypass, a HUGE step, but at 48 yrd old nothing else has worked for me in my life....90% of people who lose weight put it all and more back on. I am SO happy with my almost 30K weight loss. I know there's lots to go, but I feel so much happier and healthier, and guys ( I am married happily) are starting to look at me again, give you a boost ya know?! Anyway, GOOD LUCK and have a great cruise :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your weight loss! I know what you mean about feeling happier and healthier, I feel so good sometimes that I forget I still have soooo much more to go. And way to go with the guys checking you out, there is nothing wrong with feeling good about yourself! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment, it is much appreciated. xo

    ReplyDelete