Friday 7 September 2012


Apologies for being off the radar for a couple of days.
When we got back from our weekend away on Monday, our family dog Buffy was very unwell. We arranged for the vet to come Tuesday but she passed away before he got here. We had her for 11 years so it was quite traumatic for us all.
Then on Tuesday night we were woken by a phone call through the night and we were told that David’s cousin’s wife had died unexpectedly. It has kind of thrown our world into turmoil. Liz was a couple of years younger than me and she was a mum to Ivy who is only 18 months old. Liz and Andrew had just bought their first home and were due to move in this weekend. We also found out that Liz was 11 weeks pregnant with twins. How fucking sad is that?
Needless to say working out has taken a back seat this week. But now the initial shock has settled I know that I need to get back into it and to get my eating back on track so that I am not sitting around thinking about all of this constantly.
I spent the day with Andrew, Ivy and Liz’s family yesterday and while everyone is in shock and so sad, I left there feeling much better because I know they are going to be ok. So I will be strong too.
I will hopefully get back into my C25K over the weekend. My heart just isn’t in it today.

No comments:

Post a Comment