Sunday 25 March 2012

Prepare to run

Reading a few blogs here and there and I am slightly depressed. Many of these people decide to they are going to lose weight and start running and on their first attempt do a few miles or 5 kilometres. Straight off the bat, just like that. I run for two minutes and am huffing and puffing and coughing and spluttering. Even standing up for more than a few minutes makes me start sweating. I need to pull my finger out and get as fit as I can very,very fast.

I would love to do an official 5k run but being so short, I am sure to be miles behind everyone else. Should I let this stop me? I mean, wouldn't I be doing this for me, to accomplish this for myself? What do I care what times other people get?

I had a look at some runs coming up in Melbourne. There are plenty to choose from but if I am going to do this. I need to make sure I give myself plenty of time to build up my strength, speed and stamina (omg I sound like some sort of athlete) so I have picked one in July. It is winter here then so it will be nice and cool. Perfect. It is 16 weeks away.

Can I? Can I do this? Well, fuck it, I think I can.

Must start planning, panicking and training immediately. Well not right now because I am in bed, but like, first thing tomorrow.

1. Find/buy/steal clothes that I will be comfortable doing my running training in.
2. Work out some sort of a training program
3. Set some goals (for example: to finish the run without passing out/dying/coming last)
4. Get running
5. Work out a plan of action for what to do if a gust of wind springs up and I roll away
6. Where will I run? Where? Where???

No comments:

Post a Comment