Thursday 15 March 2012

So, you are not a sprinter....

Apart from not staying on track with my eating, I did not do as much exercising as I wanted either. I was too busy relaxing and eating apparently. So the night before we leave, we head over to the football oval which is across the road from the park we stay at. When I say "head over" I mean "we drove". That is right. I. Am. Lazy.

Using the car, we measure out 100 metres. I wanted to time myself running 100 metres so I have a base to improve from. Most people probably do 1 kilometre but I would not be able to walk that far.

I am thinking this 100 metres does not look that far. I think I could do this in about 45 seconds. I am so confident I start taking bets. Everyone tells me that if I believe I can crack 45 seconds, I will. I am pumped. So I start running as fast as my little legs can take me. I immediately start freaking out because I am not going as fast as I imagined I would. I ask David for a time check and he tells me I am up to 35 seconds.

I nearly start crying because not only do I know I wont make my time, I am not even sure if I will finish at all. I want to stop but Dave pushes me to finish.

1 minute and 32 seconds. That is right, 1 minute and 32 seconds to run 100 lousy metres. I am devastated.

David has a crack at it and it takes him 15 seconds.

Even now, days later, I am still disappointed. I don't know what I was expecting, I am carrying sooo much weight on this very short frame.

But, my time can only get better, right?

As a point of interest, the world record for running is 9. something seconds. I bet Usain Bolt is freaking out. He can feel me breathing down his neck. Watch out Usain. I am coming for you. I just have to take about 1 minute and 22 seconds of my time first.

No comments:

Post a Comment