Thursday 22 March 2012

Yesterday..progress

Yesterday I did not workout with Jayde. She has come down with the flu. I was really looking forward to it. I was at Mum and Dad's for the day so I did not workout until about 9 last night. I did 20 minutes on the treadmill (walking). I was excited because 20 minutes without stopping is good for me (remember, very small, very fat).

Now, I am going to do the 20 minutes every day (not as my only workout sesh) and I will try to get faster and faster until I can run for the whole time.

A few weeks ago, when I decided I needed to workout to get my fat ass into shape, I did a bit of walking out in Mum and Dad's back yard. I really could not move very far before I had to sit down and even then I had to put Avah in a pram so I could lean on it when I was walking. Feck, I was in a bad fecking way. Avah is way too big for a pram now so it was pretty ridiculous.

Anywhoo, so yesterday I find myself strutting around the back yard, no pram, no sitting down and feeling good. I called Mum out and said to asked her if she noticed anything different.

"You have lost weight?????"

A kind suggestion as no, no you cannot tell yet I have lost any weight.

"You are not hunching over when you walk???"

I used to lean forward because my weight was making it hard for me to stand up straight.

"No, I am walking around, not sitting down and not leaning on the pram," I squealed excitedly.

While she was happy for me, I don't think anyone realises how hard it was for me to move around. They thought it was just because I was fat and lazy (which was partly true). But it was very rare for me to be up out of my seat. I would start sweating if I had to stand up for more than a couple of minutes. And then to do 20 mins last night without having to sit down and rest my back was super fecking awesome.

So I am feeling so good and happy and hopeful. Because things are just going to get better from here. Yahooo!


No comments:

Post a Comment